The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality
by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all
We accomplish our mission by:
- Supporting and speaking on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- Assisting parents in developing the skills they need
to raise and protect their children; an
- Encouraging parents and public
involvement in the public schools of this nation.
National PTA Values:
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a
wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our
ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s
educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and
community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon
which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone
without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic
status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location,
legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin,
organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political
philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of
members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively
to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers,
and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward
the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.